Birthday bash with your little beauties will love with our Girls Birthday Party Ideas! Read on for general party planning tips as well as great invitation, decorating, food, game, and activity suggestions.
Planning Your Party
What Do I Need For the Party?
In addition to basic Girl themed party supplies, like plates, cups, napkins and decorations, you may want to consider purchasing, borrowing or renting the following items for your party:
- Dress up accessories, tiaras and feather boas
- Spa supplies like makeup, nail polish and bath accessories
- Movies and music that are appropriate for your child’s age
- Costume jewellery
- Toys for girls such as dolls, toy horses, craft kits, and stuffed animals
Girls Party Theme Ideas
Treat your daughter and her friends like princesses for a day with the following popular girls only theme ideas. Click on the name of the theme to visit its corresponding party guide.
- Sleepover Party: Invite a few of your daughter’s best friends over for a sleepover party. Pamper your guests with makeovers, movies and munchies!
- Princess Party: Plan a magical event your daughter will never forget complete with tiaras and tutus!
- Alice in Wonderland Party: Let your guest’s imaginations go wild by hosting a mad tea party in Wonderland.
- Spa Party: Spend your daughter’s birthday getting pampered and relaxing with a group of great friends.
- Garden Party: Have an indoor or outdoor garden party filled with butterflies, ladybugs and flowers!
Decorating & Food Ideas
Girls Party Decorating Ideas
Try some of these glamorous ideas to set the mood for the party:
- Inflate a ton of “Princess” or “Super Girl“ themed balloons (Right)
- Hang a large piece of butcher paper on a wall in the party area to make a graffiti wall for the girls to sign and color as they arrive and wait for the other guests.
- Find some of your daughter’s favourite pictures of her friends, and blow them up on a color copier to hang around the party area. It’ll be fun for the girls to see themselves-especially if you have some pictures from when they were younger.
- Set up a dress-up station with dresses, make-up, and nail polish. Allow the girls to give each other makeovers and make sure to take plenty of pictures!
- Fill the party area with huge tissue paper flowers. See our Tissue Flower activity for detailed instructions.
- Purchase plastic beaded necklaces or bracelets, and use them to ring cupcakes or drink cups.
Girls Party Food Ideas
If you have the time and would like to serve up some more interesting treats, consider these ideas:
- Use flower-shaped or heart-shaped cookie cutters to make tea biscuits and sandwiches. Pink sandwiches can be created by baking challah bread and using a few drops of red food colouring in the dough.
- Make heart cookies using our Linzer Hearts recipe.
- Freeze cranberry juice ice cubes. At the party, fill each guest’s cup with ginger ale and let them drop their own ice cubes in the cup, making bubbly pink drinks.
- Use doll accessories, such as purses, blow driers, and shoes as cake toppers.
- Line a hat box with waxed paper or cling wrap and use to serve chips.